Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Windows of Heaven


…I met the most wonderful boy yesterday :) His name is Warren.  He said confidently: "Hello, my name is Warren! What is your name?" I simply replied "My name is Courtney." He gave me his right hand, I shook it, and he said "It's nice to meet you, Courtney!" He's got a great, strong handshake. And, I should mention, he's about 3 or 4 years old. He'll be a heart throbbin' ladies' man. So sweet, so confident, so happy. I meet the most wonderful little children at work each day I'm there. They make it all worthwhile and make my heart smile. I could tell you short story after short story. Lesson: be as a little child and love everyone. Have the wisdom of age, yet the innocence and love of a child. Life is precious and beautiful. As are the children of God…

It’s good he was only 3-4 cuz you had me scared for a second. haha I’m sure that’s what you were going for. Another month down and I’m so glad. The MTC/CCM is great, but the last week is definitely the hardest just because I miss you and Satan is thinking of me like he thought of Captain Moroni in Alma. Read Alma 48:17 to know exactly. He is trying to get me to come home, but then I hear of the blessings you and my family are getting and think that there are only more still to come. Also, I listened to a Mormon Message on lds.org talking about patience. You should watch it - definitely helps for our situation. I promise everything is going to work out.
 
The week has been pretty boring. However, I sent out a letter. My P-day becomes Monday when I get out to the field so I probably won't get to e-mail you next week :( but remember I love you with all my heart. I can't help but think of you when I’m in the temple or getting ready for bed. No one can ever replace you in my heart. No one has ever been able to and no one will ever be able to.
 
Thank you for the notes. I do appreciate them most definitely.  Fun story I just remembered. We were teaching Carlos y Rosa they are characters for the simulations we do on Friday. We taught the law of tithing and we had a lot of fun. We had them read a scripture in Malachi 3 I think verse 14 that talks about the windows of heaven being opened and blessings being poured out upon you. Then we had Elder Afualo give them a tithing slip and said “I’m the bishop. Hand me the tithing slip.” Before class we wrote down specific blessings for them and hid them between my Book of Mormon and my Bible. I stood up and made a trap door type thing with my scriptures and after my comp got the slip, I opened the windows of heaven and it literally rained blessings on them. It was fun; they thought it was great.

Well, the Latinos are coming so I need to end but I love you so very much.

Also, my journal is almost half filled so you will be receiving that in a little while but give it about one or two more months. Only 22 left now. Wow time is flying and it will only be faster once I get out to the field and have something to do.

Yours forever and always
 Scot

No comments:

Post a Comment