This letter was not dated :( :( :(
I found a blue pen and thought I would write a letter with it today. So this is hard. Every morning is a fight for the strength to continue. Once I get out and going I'm fine, but until that point it's just hard. I do have some fun experiences now, though:
We met this kid one night named Duane (doo-aw-nay) who thought we were the coolest people on the planet. I think it is just because we are white and he is six and probably didn't know white people existed until now. It was fun. He gave me and Elder Allen high fives and we acted like our hands hurt after. He felt so special. His mom didn't trust us, though, so we didn't get to teach them.
Then there was Rueben. I might have told you a little about him in an e-mail. He is a cool man - lives with his "wife" (They're not married) and his three kids. When I first taught him, my companion explained my lack of Spanish and at the end I testified. Rueben said: He knows what he is saying is true. He doesn't know much Spanish, but he knows what he is saying is important. That is paraphrased. It made me feel special.
Anyway, my bestest good friend, I love you and miss you with my entire giant heart. But "in the wink of an eye I'll be home." You're in my prayers for always.
<3 Te amo mucho siempre
Elder Scot M LeFevre
P.S. I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment