Monday, September 12, 2011

A Baptism, 11 Progressing Investigators, & Parque del Este

I´m just super tired still.

So, we will be having a baptism this week. Lina went from smoking six cigarettes a day to ready. We talked to her about how she needed to stop. We offered her a blessing and fasted with her. She has smoked twice in 9 days. It was pretty significant. Lina passed her interview, so she will be baptized on Saturday if she still wants to. She does have agency.


What is really cool - I talked to Elder Cornish last Monday. In the leadership meeting I guess he brought up everything we talked about trying to change a lot of things in the mission to make it better. It was really cool. I felt significant and like someone actually cares about me and my opinion.

We had Parque del Este today. That's where all the missionaries in the capital meet up and play American football and soccer. It was pretty cool - got to see quite a few people I haven´t seen in a while like Elder Willams and Hermana Ward. I thought they got sent out to the middle of nowhere with everyone else. Then I got to say goodbye to Elders Zulfelt and Rich. That was fun. I´m going to miss them. Basically everyone that had to suffer Elder Auzon will be gone in November - Zulfelt this transfer and Plymale next. It's wierd. I´m getting old out here. It's terrible. Maybe I´ll be home before you know it. Hope so. Hahaha.

But, yeah. That is pretty much it. We got a huge list of references from two members. Two members, 11 progressing investigators. And some could be baptized pretty soon. One is actually going to be inteviewed this week, but he´s nine. It helps his cause. Haha. Other than that just working with the news, doing our best and hoping all will turn out well for them.

Well, that's about it for now that I can think of. Oh, and the new sex code word is mcflurry. We went to Maria's house and she asked about masturbation, but she didn´t want her daughter to hear about it. We asked what her favorite food was.  She said mcflurry. So we said sex is a mcflurry and masturbating is chocolate flavored ice. It was funny.

Then we went to karaoke because our bishop wanted us to. My comp and I sang Heroé by Enrique Iglesias. My comp started. Then I jumped in and all the girls cheered. Then they were saying I have a good voice and my comp doesn´t.

I love you and hope you have a good week. I miss you lots.

Love
Scot

P.S. I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment