So this week we had a special meeting sprung on us. So p-day is today because Friday afternoon we got a phone call saying that a member of the Seventy will be speaking with us. The Area Seventy to be specific. It was pretty cool. We learned about being better teachers just like darn near every meeting but after the meeting one of the A.P.´s came up to me and said that Elder Cornish(the General Authority) wanted to have an interview with me and my comp.
So we waited around until he was ready. We explained how much time in the mission me and my comp had. 1 1/2 missions together. Then he asked us how the mission could improve, which we had a talk about the night before. We just explained all the things that could improve in the mission. He asked us to do it. We just kinda looked shocked - wow two nobodys in the mission getting to say how it could improve. It was pretty cool.
After we talked about that for a while, he asked if any of us wanted to talk to him alone and I did.
Then he let me talk to him one on one. It was really cool. So we talked about how I´m not mentally stable and all to often I feel like I should just go home, but I don´t want to. I know I´m not supposed to. He then gave me the answer everyone else has just in a better way than all of them. It was really cool. I was pretty happy afterwards.
He told me exactly what I needed to hear. He also said he saw me making a great missionary. I sure hope I make a great one. It was really cool. He also explained how I´m not worthless, how there are specific people I´m supposed to find and if I have to baptize 30 to find the 6 I should do it. But, if I only get 5 out of 15 I´m in trouble. Haha. It was a really cool experience. I think it was cooler than shaking Elder Nelson´s hand. Only because I got to have a one on one conversation with him. It was really exactly what I needed.
The cool thing was earlier this week I got your package and you talked about what Batman stands for. My comment was, "Yeah, but remember how batman felt in the movie the dark knight? You know...right after he lost everything except his butler, Alfred? Well he at least had Alfred to give him the speech. I didn´t." Then god gave me an Alfred speech. It was pretty cool. Just another testimony that God answers prayers.
Speaking of package. I got it. And am very thankful and happy. So yeah that is pretty much the week.
Lina decided she wanted to be baptized finally. So we will see what happens next.
Well, I love you and hope for the best for you. Have a good week. I miss you
Scot
P.S. I love you
No comments:
Post a Comment