I’m going to do what the pres asked, which was actually to rebuild the area while being treated. I got a baptism - it was kind of a surprise. When I say that, I mean the fact that I was baptizing him just kind of jumped out at me. As in the day before the person we were planning to baptize him said he couldn´t, so my comp said “Ok, Elder LeFevre can do it.” It was cool. His name is Junior. He is cool. He´s learning English. I think he wants to go on a mission now even. After he said, “thanks for baptizing me” in English. Then I asked him how he felt a few minutes later and he said “I feel more or less because yesterday my friends they went to the bank and they took the money and now the police are looking for them.” hahaha. He didn´t know how to say “I’m worried about them” in English, so I taught him. It was fun. But Sunday he said he felt good. He knew it was the right step.
So on Facebook put as my status “Physical therapy in a third world country here I come!” Yeah, I start for reals tomorrow. It’s not quite what the doc said, but I’m going to put my faith on it and if it comes out worse…well oops. Haha.
So on Facebook put as my status “Physical therapy in a third world country here I come!” Yeah, I start for reals tomorrow. It’s not quite what the doc said, but I’m going to put my faith on it and if it comes out worse…well oops. Haha.
So I wrote you a letter, but then realized that I don´t have envelopes, so it will have to wait until next week before I can put it in the mail. So it will probably take 3-4 weeks. But I’m trying is the point of that.
I would also like you to know I’m mastering the art of making Dominican beans and rice. So be excited! That will be the first meal I make when I get home. haha. Just thought you should know. :)
I am really happy you got to speak in church. You are one of the most spiritual people I know. It had to be uplifting. I’d put money on it. Haha. I do love your spiritual insights you are the most amazing girl I know for that.
As for the layers I’m good. The capital is pretty warm and it’s starting to heat up again. So I’m good, but thank you. And really package wise I know you are trying and if really all you are able to do is send some letters I’m ok with that because I love you. And that’s all that matters
I would also like you to know I’m mastering the art of making Dominican beans and rice. So be excited! That will be the first meal I make when I get home. haha. Just thought you should know. :)
I am really happy you got to speak in church. You are one of the most spiritual people I know. It had to be uplifting. I’d put money on it. Haha. I do love your spiritual insights you are the most amazing girl I know for that.
As for the layers I’m good. The capital is pretty warm and it’s starting to heat up again. So I’m good, but thank you. And really package wise I know you are trying and if really all you are able to do is send some letters I’m ok with that because I love you. And that’s all that matters
Also to answer your question on inactives. it’s not really the fault of the missionaries, but that’s what the members blame it on. So when you´re a missionary, you do your best to get the people that are ready and you help them to stay active until you leave. That is usually how they get into the habit and stay active.
Also the fun note - the Colmado´s across the street like to party with music that is really really loud until about 1 or 2 in the morning so I haven´t been sleeping too well because hey I still have to wake up at six thirty regardless of when I get to sleep haha. Its good stuff.
I´m still having a lot of stress. The lack of sleep is not helping and my back is tight, but I am getting skinny haha. It seems the home sickness is turning into mild depression. When I talked to Pres about my homesickness, he just fed me some BS story, so I’m with God on this one, hoping for the best. Which is hard because Satin knows I’m down, so he´s been swinging away like crazy. It’s been quite the battle. Haha. He knows too well my weaknesses and it’s making it really hard to fight, but I’m not letting him win. I refuse; never again will he trick me. Never again.
I just need a better comp to make things go by faster. That's the problem. So many rules are being broken. My comp got mad at me for telling the zone leaders, so my life has been a living hell, but that is OK. The greater the sacrifice the greater the reward. Right. Haha. I´m trying. That's what matters. But I told Pres and that is something he really stresses so i can guarantee he will be fixing some things soon and getting me some help to make this area the bomb. That is my goal.
I am very happy I got to talk to you quite a bit today. Hehe. It really is a tender mercy from God.
I am very happy I got to talk to you quite a bit today. Hehe. It really is a tender mercy from God.
Love Always,
Scot
P.S. I love you (with all my heart)
Scot
No comments:
Post a Comment