Nicolson brought his sis to church. Escarlet is running and Elder Allen isn´t doing anything. He´s one of those people who try to look like a good missionary, so he doesn´t do what good missionaries do. As for my comp, he´s cool. His name is Elder Costaños. Language is a problem, but I’m actually better at it than I thought. And I have Elder Skousen, who is from California, living right above me, so he helps at least for the purpose of giving me a break from Spanish every now and then.
As for therapy they didn´t get me an appointment, so I have to do that. I also need to pay for it. They´re going to reimburse me, but I need to pay for the first visit, which sucks hard core because they made me pay for coming in to the capital and took 900 out of my apoyo for a bottle. So i have to use money from my home account to take care of it.
As for therapy they didn´t get me an appointment, so I have to do that. I also need to pay for it. They´re going to reimburse me, but I need to pay for the first visit, which sucks hard core because they made me pay for coming in to the capital and took 900 out of my apoyo for a bottle. So i have to use money from my home account to take care of it.
I’m hard core pissed about it though. Basically half the mission is having problems and Pres and his wife aren´t really doing anything about it. So the only people that aren´t hard core pissed are the people who are brown nosers, the people that are trying to look like good missionaries. Those of us that are actually trying to be good missionaries and not just look like it are the ones having problems right now. And they wonder why everyone wants to go home. It’s hard core stupid which is a strong word in Spanish. And I refuse to take it back.
On top of all that I’m getting to rebuild this area. It has been destroyed. A lot of people were baptized who went to church just long enough to get confirmed. Haven´t gone since.
Pres says the problem with finding a girlfriend out here is because of the language barrier. Well there is a girl named Stefani in this ward who speaks like perfect English so that isn´t a problem with her. So a previous missionary, in his infinite wisdom, tried to kiss her. So she doesn´t trust missionaries now. So my week has just been great. That and not being able to walk doesn´t help.
I’m sick of hearing “if God wants” or “if it be God’s will,” because that’s all Dominicans say when you invite them to church. It’s actually really amazing how much God lets you do.
I´m sorry if I sound kind of annoyed or angry. The fact is, though, I am. I´m tired of all this crap. The people that are supposed to help aren´t so I’m basically getting screwed left and right. Also I’m sick of seeing women dressed inappropriately.
I’m sick of hearing “if God wants” or “if it be God’s will,” because that’s all Dominicans say when you invite them to church. It’s actually really amazing how much God lets you do.
I´m sorry if I sound kind of annoyed or angry. The fact is, though, I am. I´m tired of all this crap. The people that are supposed to help aren´t so I’m basically getting screwed left and right. Also I’m sick of seeing women dressed inappropriately.
One thing I forgot to tell you…one of the other areas in my district is teaching someone named Milani – like your cat. Thought you might enjoy that. Also, I saw a shirt that said “I kissed a ghoul and I liked it.” haha
I love you and miss you lots.
Scot
P.S. I love you
No comments:
Post a Comment