Yep, we have gotten lots of rain. Elder Allen is from Utah. He’s been out for about thirteen months. He sees planes and says, “That it is only eleven months away.” I discovered most missionaries just want to go home, but they know that the only way to get through that is by working hard every day. I had this epiphany this week though. If I go home it is a decision of lust. If I were to choose to go home right now then I would do something I don´t really want to. So these are the reasons for staying out here:
- I want to help the Lord’s children.
- I’m an example to both Shay and Jimmy. I want both my little brothers on missions someday. Maybe even Ashton, but elders do not treat sister missionaries as they should
- If I quit now I won´t be able to do anything that is hard in this life. Nothing in life worth doing is easy.
- I want to be with you forever and if I choose to go home I might compromise that possibility again.
- I love you and I want blessings for us: you, our children, and so on down the line of posterity. I’m super excited to marry you, but it would have to wait just as long to happen if I were home now as it would if I were to finish my mission.
So fun story - we were teaching this lady and my comp, who has been out over a year, said, “ me gusto,” which means he said he pleases himself. Haha. The lady was wicked confused. Other than that it is still marriage problems but that brings me to this epiphany. I’m ridiculously excited to be with you for all eternity. Makes two years seem like nothing. Time goes by very strange here, though. Days are like weeks; weeks are like days. Months are like years and from what I hear, years are like eternity. But it is worth all the blessings.
I’m so excited for when I can actually understand these people. I can only understand them from the mood in the room and what my comp is teaching. But I got to teach about prophets this week! It was kinda cool.
Any who love you lots miss you lots pray for you all the time. I look up at the night sky and get peace knowing you are going to be looking at it soon. Sometimes you probably are looking at it when I am when it´s late at night. You are my bestest good friend and I’m ridiculously excited for the life we will share when I’m done serving the Lord (for this mission anyway). I’m also excited to go on another mission when I’m old.
Scot
P.S. I love you
P.S.S. Te amo mucho
P.S.S.S. I love you
P.S.S. Te amo mucho
P.S.S.S. I love you
No comments:
Post a Comment