Monday, November 15, 2010

Patience [Is A Virtue]


With Duane, his mom kept avoiding us so we couldn´t teach him. And we´re still trying to get people married. We had a baptism planned for yesterday, but the guy we were going to baptize has been fornicating. So we couldn´t baptize him. We´re going to try for the 4th of December now.

Basically, every piece of hard work we´ve done has gone to waste here it seems like. We´ve been watching the Gospel change lives, but the people just refuse to actually work for anything here. Rueben’s wife said she read the Book of Mormon and believes it is true but doesn´t want to be baptized even grrr.

And the people here are loud. They drive scooters that are so ridiculously loud here, but they have less horse power than a lawn mower. Grr its hard to love people when they can just be so dumb. I still try, though. As for falling in love with the mission…I will love it and work hard and help God’s children. I did come out to help God’s children and I really want to, but the last couple weeks they have all just frustrated me right off so that is why it wasn´t number one on my list. Number one is really just wanting to serve God. Knowing that I am an example for Jimmy and Shay, and knowing that you and our children will receive blessings.

The people here are just teaching me patience. They are being awesome with me not speaking Spanish, though - constantly helping me and such. The problem is they only teach gospel things in the MTC/CCM, not regular conversations. But I’m getting better.

Amoures, one of the kids we´re teaching, came to church and saw me marking in my scriptures. I was marking references to Christ and he asked why I marked señor and not dios. So, without even thinking, I told him in Spanish. Hahahahahahaha. It made me so excited. Then he started helping me. It was cool. He is like ten years old. In Spanish it would be el tiene deis anós I think.  I’m not quite good at spelling yet.

There is a guy I heard about from the Santiago mission here. He got released at 10:30 from his mission, went to Santo Domingo, and at 3:00 got married. So for missionaries getting married within just a few months after the going home...it’s not as fast as other people.

So I had this amazing dream the other night we were just playing at my parents’ house and then I said something, but I don´t remember what. Then you said in your fun you´re dumb type voice, “Are you serious?” It made me happy.

Also, I got to go swimming. In all reality it was me draining a font that hadn´t been drained for three weeks. It smelled like a pond with dirt and dead bugs floating in it. It was great. I may have gotten dengue from it, but probably not. That would be funny if I did, though. Haha

Well bestest good friend love you lots and you are in my prayers.

Para siempre
Scotty

P.S. I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment