Dear Courtney,
Thanks for the e-mails basically all I've gotten so far is a letter from you, three e-mails, and one email from Seth, so it really lifted my spirits. The MTC is probably the most challenging thing I've ever done, but it is also the most rewarding. I'm actually learning the language and understanding things. It is great and the spirit is so strong here. I'm exhausted every night because of the Spirit, but it's so refreshing. I have to stay awake for two, sometimes one hour(s) after lights out. The food here is good 90% of the time. Some meals you only eat because you have to. The stories of it being like a prison were only partially correct much like other religions it is actually pretty nice here and it is spirit oriented. Translation: this place is great, but I'd still call it the best worst experience of my life just because class is boring and it takes up 11-12 hours that I'm awake JK 10-11 cuz I get one hour of gym :)
My district is pretty cool. We're literally from everywhere in the U.S. OK so not literally but close. My companion is from Ogden and is really cool. Out of our district of twelve, only four of us are going to the D.R. and we're all in the same room. We're either joking around or having deep spiritual discussions. It's pretty cool. By the way my comp. is Elder Annis (An-nis) not (A-nis). Elders Ficklin and Nichols are the other two coming to the D.R.
When we got here the MTC President made a very profound statement: "You are Elders not guys or dudes. Elders are out teaching the gospel, guys and dudes are back home dating your girlfriends." Moral of the story: please stay away from guys and dudes. My roommates have called you quite the catch so you getting away would be terrible, but if you do I will know that is God's will and He of course will always come first.
I'm excited to leave this place, though. My comp. and I were teaching Elder Sterling lesson one and my comp. got mad because I skipped the Atonement and the Apostasy and went straight to the First Vision. Elder Sterling thought it was great, though. haha That means I'm awesome, but really it was the Spirit.
Well, say "hi" to the family for me (if you didn't catch on I meant yours) and if they care, I'm doing great. My comp and I are having push up contests every morning now. It's great, and I'll come back with big arms and pecks, but not too big.
You are my bestest good friend and I'm so happy that you're supporting me. You really are the greatest girl ever. By the way, any spiritual insight you get in your studies - you should let me know so I can use it, if needed. You should also get a Spanish Book of Mormon and read from it every day. It is helping me learn so I can only imagine it doing the same fr you. Better thought, get two. Keep one; write your testimony in the other and send it too me in a couple weeks (when I'm down there so I don't have to pack it.) It can be in English cuz I'll be able to translate it by then.
Love for now and for always,
Elder Scot LeFevre
P.S. I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment