Monday, June 13, 2011

New Boundaries


So this week we just died from heat. It is ridiculous right now. It is killing us every day.

We had area changes in our zone yesterday, because some wards changed and mine happened to be one of them. They changed our ward boundaries, which means our area boundaries changed. They took most of our good investigators from us, so we have to go on an investigator hunt. All the cool people we have been teaching, such as Jose and his family, are all in the part that got taken out of our area. Ruth, Josue, Abigail, and some others were taken as well. So yesterday we went around telling them about it - explained that God made the changes. Ruth was ok with it; she was sad, but she has seen so many changes in missionaries that it doesn´t really matter. Jose and Evelin wanted to send a petition to the stake president because they wanted to keep us. Haha. We were kinda sad but there isn´t much we can do about it. In fact there is nothing. The bishop of our ward was even in the chunk that was taken. So we will have Ignacio as a branch president now. We aren´t even a ward anymore. That is my biggest question. Why did they take the chunk out of our ward and make us a branch when they could have left us alone and still made us a branch. In the end, it was God’s call.

A lot of members aren´t happy about it. All our investigators are sad, but we are giving them to better missionaries so I’ll live. I was leaving in two weeks anyway. Haha. The families were not happy about it. Not at all. But that is life I guess - Nothing we can do. The ward is less happy I think, so we will also be going and helping them feel happy about the matter. That is going to be fun. Quite a few members were happy when they heard they were going to be keeping us as missionaries. The ones that, you know, are in our area still. That was one of the biggest fears. Haha. But we will be working hard now and I will be trying to set things up so that this can be a ward again someday. I won´t be able to pull it off - I only have two weeks left, but we´ll see what happens
So we took Hna Gloria to an appointment this last week. We passed by the school she works in and she said in English, “I hate the children.” It was even funnier because she sounded like a dwarf and looks like one too. Haha. It was good stuff.

Later in the week we taught Guicho and Lina, we taught them the law of chastity and when we said  you need to be married to have sex Guicho was sad. “Oh, we´re sinning and we´re not stopping; we need to get married.” We had Randy with us and right after the lesson he asked,

“So, you need to be married to have sex right?”
“Yes.”
“So after you are married you can have sex as much as you want?”
“Yep, as much as you want.”

Haha it was fun stuff. Other than that we have a week without a lot to do except find people, which will be hard because it is super hot here so everyone is half naked in pools or sitting under a fan so they can´t listen to us as they say. But we´ll see how it goes.

Well that’s about it for the week. I love you all and you are in my prayers.
Love always,
Scot

P.S. I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment